Erin Breaux, JD, handles tax, collections, and probate matters.
Since joining Mitchell & Patel, Erin has handled a number of tax, collections, and probate matters. She has focused on resolving IRS and state tax controversies, such as settling unpaid IRS and state tax debts, audit examinations, and uncontested probate matters.
- Unpaid tax debts
- Offer in compromises and other debt settlements.
- Partial pay and streamlined installment agreements
- Currently not collectible status
- Innocent spouse relief
- Unfiled tax returns
- IRS and state audit examinations
- Field and correspondence audits
- Audit reconsideration requests
- Refund and penalty abatement claims
- U.S. Tax Court litigation
- Probate administration
- Uncontested probates, including testate and intestate administrations
- Probating wills as muniment of title
- Small estate affidavits
- Will construction suits
- Business formation and agreements
- Texas legal entities and related documentation
- Business agreements, including non-compete agreements, promissory notes, UCC filings
South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- Juris Doctor, May 2015
- LexisNexis Professional Research Certified
- Impartial Third Party Dispute Resolution Certified
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Bachelor of Arts, History, May 2011
- Recipient of the Tiger Scholarship
Erin is licensed to practice law by the State Bar of Texas.